Monday, May 31, 2010

Goodbye, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodnight

This is it. the final night at home... what i have considered my home for 25 years !
actually all my life.
 
this house will always have special memories for me, good and bad, but i have loved the house more than the place. if i could take the house with me i probably would.

OK so its not the Ritz and its not a slum.. its comfortable and homely and has enough room for my junk. i am feeling kinda emotional as i look around and see half of my life lying around and the other half stuffed into 2 suitcases and a duffel bag.
The UK isn't the best country in the world but it far from the worst and i will certainly miss some of the perks of living here.. National Health Service for a start.
 

 (this wouldn't have been possible without the NHS)








Saying goodbye is hard, I should know I've done it often enough..but this one is different.
my heart breaks a little and a tear rolls down my face, and then i look to my right and there's Sam ( Smiling in his sleep) and I remember why I am doing this... For Us, For me and Ben, For me.

I know life will be a lot different in the states and i cant wait to start this adventure ! I want to thank My sister Marie for everything she has done, without her none of this would have been possible. i will truly miss her.
i will miss most of this family, but now i have to concentrate on MY Family. Ben, Sam and Me.

I hope you will continue to follow me on this huge journey and bear with me through the next 2-3 weeks of weird FB posts Emotional Tweets and Crazy Blog posts.

So Goodbye, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodnight, I'm leaving tomorrow. 
To Be Continued......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I know it will all be a bit overwhelming and you will experience some homesickness and culture shock as you adjust, but I just know you will be so happy.

Good luck and I look forward to keeping up with your journey, of course!!